visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal investigation team

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
For the latest news follow Visions Paranormal Support Group on Facebook
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Palace Theatre, Plymouth
St Briavals Castle EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 pm by Ian

» Cybernatural Occurrence
St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:24 pm by medea

» computer ghosts
St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:20 pm by Ian

» Possible full bodied apparition at the dower house.
St Briavals Castle EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm by Nightcrawler

» Matrixing piccys
St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 pm by Nightcrawler

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

St Briavals Castle

Go down 
AuthorMessage

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:44 am

Has anyone stayed in St Briavals Castle in Gloucestershire? now that's an interesting place. I've stayed there a couple of times last year with my family and had experiences on the first time we stayed.

We were in the old prison which I have to say had a nice feel about it, totally nonthreatening. when we settled down for the evening (girlfriend, 2 kids and myself) we seemed to get off to sleep fairly quickly. But during the night I had the strangest sensation that someone was sitting on the edge of my bed. The next morning my girlfriend said that she had the feeling that someone was gently stroking her face during the night. we were on single bunks during the night and were the only people in the room the kids where still and didn't get out of their bunks once.

My son said that during the night he appeared to see a lady in the room wearing a yellow dress and with blonde hair moving over towards the bunks where my daughter and myself slept.

On the second night, we were all settling down for the night, when alls we caould here from the room above (the old hanging room) was the sound of heavy boots and dragging followed by loud thumps. Apparantly there was no one in the hanging room that night but the sounds heard is regular.

During the same 3 day stay at the castle another guest, was talking to me about he and his son hearing the sound of a baby crying in the castle, there were no babies in the castle that week. This is apparently another sound heard on a regular basis, which is often heard in the King John room (the lounge) as this is were the skeleton of a baby was found in the window ledge during repairs years ago.

I know other investigators do visit the place as they arrived on the halloween that we left, but i was just wondering if anyone else had been or do you think its worth a visit.

The castles run by the YHA so easily accessable.

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/heart-of-england/hostels/St-Briavels/index.aspx
Back to top Go down

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Neut
uh...sounds like an interesting place....ill have to do some digging on the ghosts and history about this castle...or maybe you can?...see what you can find?....this maybe a good one for us to do somtime....
Back to top Go down

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi Phil, can do. The staff are pretty friendly at the castle and know the history pretty well, if you go on youtube there's a few bits and pieces that investigators have done on the castle. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 am

here's a link to the history of the castle

http://www.castlewales.com/stbrivls.html

and following is some footage of investigations that have taken place there.

Back to top Go down

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi guys,

This location is great and we have received confirmation of its availabilty and costs to use the location for our G.P.E events.

As soon as it is confirmed we will be letting you know. St Briavals Castle Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Barri
i have sent you the email regarding St Briavals castle have a read sounds good to me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

St Briavals Castle Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Briavals Castle   St Briavals Castle Empty

Back to top Go down

St Briavals Castle
Page 1 of 1